How continuous delivery in association software can help offset costly upgrades and risk.
Old school software forces customers to wait for big, costly upgrades that are filled with risk. Wouldn’t you prefer software with lower costs, less risk, higher quality and the latest in technology that’s delivered to you automatically throughout the year? The modern software world has embraced a strategy of continuously delivering product improvements to customers because of these important benefits.
Old school software forces customers to wait for big, costly upgrades that are filled with risk.
How continuous delivery works
Continuous delivery is a method in which software developers keep producing valuable software code in short cycles so it can be reliably released to customers at any time. This approach has been used for many years in the for-profit world but is newer to the nonprofit and association world.
In fact, Nimble AMS is the only enterprise-level AMS to offer continuous delivery. Using this method, the Nimble AMS team provides a continuous stream of upgrades and innovation so that all our customers are always using the same version of the latest technology without hassles and extra costs.
Nimble AMS is the only enterprise-level AMS to offer continuous delivery.
6 benefits of continuous delivery for associations
Continuous delivery provides tremendous value to associations. Here are six key benefits that Nimble AMS customers receive through this approach:
- Faster time to market – Because we keep developing Nimble AMS in short cycles, we’re able to release upgrades throughout the year. In fact, Nimble AMS provides six free upgrades per year (three via the Salesforce platform, and three via Nimble AMS) to ensure our customers are always using the latest and greatest technology.
- Faster reaction times – As our customers provide feedback, from wish lists to software issues, we’re able to react quickly, adjusting the software in hours or days (versus weeks or months) to meet our customers’ needs.
- Lower risk releases – Because we’re continuously developing and testing smaller batches of code, we’re able to identify issues early, giving our customers more routine, predictable and lower-risk upgrades in manageable chunks versus major, disruptive, higher risk upgrades.
- Higher quality – We focus on high quality on a regular basis versus at the very end of a long development process. We also use automated tools in the development process to help reduce the risk of human errors. And every day, we run thousands of tests to watch for production issues and contact our customers directly of any possible issues versus waiting for our clients to uncover them.
- Lower costs – With Nimble AMS, upgrades just happen. There is no additional charge for upgrades, making the total cost of ownership lower than other solutions and more predictable for budgeting purposes.
- Better products – Think about the idea of launching a spaceship to the moon: If you’re one degree off at launch time, you must correct your course or you’ll be thousands of miles off target when you reach the moon. By getting continuous feedback from users and tweaking the software throughout the process, we’re able to correct our course whenever necessary to make sure we hit the mark for our customers’ needs.
Ready when you are
One of the great things about continuous delivery through Nimble AMS is that as we release new features, you can easily turn them on when you’re ready for them versus being forced to learn and use new features when you receive upgrades. This allows you to manage change in your organization at your own pace.
As we release new features, you can easily turn them on when you’re ready for them versus being forced to learn and use new features
Whether your association is getting an AMS for the first time, or you’re looking to move to a new AMS, be sure to keep in mind the benefits of continuous delivery and Nimble AMS. Isn’t it time for lower cost, higher quality and less risk?