Artificial intelligence (AI) is changing the way we interact with technology in our everyday lives. Leading companies like Netflix and Amazon use AI to connect with consumers and provide the highly-personalized experiences that we’ve all come to expect. As for-profit companies provide these increasingly personalized experiences using AI, your members will expect the same in more areas of their lives ― including their experience with your association. Yet as the Community Brands Digital Member Study uncovered, only 33 percent of members believe their association personalizes content using information and data the organization has collected.
So what is AI, and how can you get started with it?
Simply put, artificial intelligence is technology that simulates human intelligence. This technology essentially mimics human “thinking” using complex algorithms, or sets of rules that are followed in calculations and other problem-solving operations.
As membership-based organizations, associations need to meet, and ideally exceed, member expectations to attract and retain new members. Using a Salesforce platform-based association management system like Nimble AMS, which leverages the Salesforce Einstein AI technology, associations can become smarter, more predictive and in tune with what members need, expect and want.
Associations can use AI technology to do things like:
- Create a familiar (and effective) Amazon-like shopping experience that recommends new purchases based on past behaviors and “what other members like you purchased” to increase non-dues revenues.
- Help members find answers through personalized content, predicting the answers that members are looking for, and providing that information proactively.
- Automate aspects of member service, such as answering/assisting with common questions via a chat bot to provide immediate response 24/7, and free up staff time.
- Use predictive analytics to determine which event location will bring in the highest number of registrations.
- Use data about past behaviors to predict if a member is unlikely to renew, and then intervene before losing the membership.
Isn’t it time your association leveraged AI to provide more personalized member experiences? Learn more about AI and how you can use it to meet today’s evolving member expectations. Watch the on-demand webinar: Artificial Intelligence: What associations need to know.