An online career center helps members find the job opportunities they need.
Job opportunities are a top benefit for your members. Once they join, job opportunities, career advancement, and mentoring remain among the top 10 benefits they value most from their association.
The Community Brands Member Engagement and Loyalty Study shows that job opportunities are the number one reason those early in their careers join an association. In challenging times like these, when the economy experiences a sudden downturn and unemployment spikes, your members – especially those who are actively seeking jobs – need this type of help more than ever.
By offering a robust career center, you can provide members with a huge member benefit by connecting them with career opportunities.
Here is some of the key functionality a great career center offers:
- Email job matching to connect members with relevant opportunities
- Personalized search and recommendations to proactively recommend jobs based on their previous searches
- Mobile-responsive interface so members can view and interact with the career center via their mobile devices
- Reporting and analytics to give your staff insights into the career center that will help improve the member experience
These types of capabilities can help you provide member value that is especially needed in tough times. For example:
- Job matching and email alerts – Allow members to sign up to have jobs matched to their preferences and qualifications and sent directly to their inbox whenever those jobs are posted. Then, they can be the first to discover and apply for new opportunities.
- Job seeker tips and recommendations – Offer articles and other content including résumé writing tips, interview tips, job search ideas, and tips on social networking on your career center. These resources can help members ready themselves for an unexpected job search.
- Career coaching – Provide access to certified career coaches who can help members with job search strategies, CVs and résumés, cover letters, and more.
- Networking – Integrate social media with your career center, allowing job seekers who view a job in your job board to instantly see any LinkedIn connection they have who works at that company. This is a useful technology integration that can help them open doors to new opportunities.
- Professional development – Promote your online learning courses and credentials to members and recommend relevant learning courses that will make your members more qualified for the jobs they seek.
With YM Careers by Community Brands, you can deliver these types of member experiences, and more. YM Careers offers job board software and career center solutions that help support members throughout their career journey and in tough economic times.
YM Careers also integrates with Nimble AMS and Community Brands’ learning management software (LMS) as part of an integrated software suite for associations to help you provide an even greater member experience.
Find out more about how YM Careers can help you provide the valuable support and resources your members need today: Explore YM Careers