Does your association have a problem with member loyalty? Sometimes individuals readily join your organization but don’t participate in member events or network in professional activities. Members might seem invested in association benefits, but when it comes time to renew, they lapse instead. Why does this disconnect occur?
According to the Community Brands 2022 Association Trends Study, members are more likely to be satisfied and invest in their organization if it’s an early adopter of technology—but less than 20% of association professionals feel very technologically prepared for the future.
Here are three ways to implement technology at your organization, helping you to transform the member experience and boost recruitment, retention, and revenue.
How innovative technology builds member loyalty
Before you begin the process of selecting the best association management software for your organization, you’ll need to consider your budget and the process of getting board buy-in. You’ll also want to consider what technology will best improve the member experience, and ensure your staff is ready to implement the tools correctly to optimize the features for your association.
Also, ask yourself how the association management software (AMS) can help your association reach its organizational goals, how it supports your staff, how it guards member data, how it elevates the e-commerce experience, and how it accommodates integrations.
With diligence and research, your organization will select technology that transforms the member experience in the following ways:
1. Technology with membership benefits. Because your main goal in adopting new technology is improving the member experience, you’ll want to first examine how the AMS accommodates members. Ensure the technology touches on these three areas:
- Recruitment and retention. Modern technology is vital to individuals both joining and investing in your organization. Ensure you find an AMS that is configurable so members can personalize their experience. When members personally connect with your association, their engagement expands, driving greater retention and recruitment rates.
TECH TIP: Nimble AMS features the highly configurable Community Hub to match your organization’s brand and support your members’ efforts to personalize their experience.
- Networking options. Members join associations to make professional connections. Search for technology that equips your organization to increase member engagement, with a vibrant virtual community. Built-in networking opportunities will also attract new members to your association.
TECH TIP: Use Nimble Communities to deliver a superior member experience and boost engagement by providing space for members to virtually connect and network.
- Member analytics. Better understand your members by leveraging predictive analytics and AI. Look for an AMS that includes a prediction builder to help you forecast what information your members might request, or which individuals are at risk of lapsing.
TECH TIP: Built on Salesforce, AI and predictive analytics are central to Nimble AMS—you’ll have access to Salesforce Einstein AI to drive member loyalty.
2. A modern e-commerce experience. An AMS that supports an innovative online shopping experience is vital to delivering a superior member experience. Look for technology that meets these criteria:
- E-commerce that multi-tasks. Members come to your e-commerce website with convenience in mind, so empower them to do more than buy merchandise. Allow visitors to register for events, manage their accounts, renew memberships, secure sponsorships, and make donations—all from the convenience of your e-commerce page.
TECH TIP: With Nimble AMS’s Lightning Store, you’ll have the power of intuitive marketing to reach thousands of members and one-time customers, converting them to life-long members with effective e-commerce.
- Drive more revenue. With modern technology features like cross-selling functionality, your AMS can support your financial goals by ensuring your merchandise is marketed to and viewed by all members. Additionally, search for an e-commerce solution that guards against common pitfalls like abandoned carts to deliver a positive member shopping experience.
TECH TIP: Use Nimble AMS’ Lightning Cross Sell to highlight related merchandise for members, encouraging personalization for the member experience and driving revenue for your association. Also, create automated abandoned cart reminder emails to send to members to encourage them to return to their carts.
- Offer various secure payment options. Elevate your member’s e-commerce experience when you select an AMS that offers myriad payment options like stored payments, express payments, scheduled payments, and mobile payments.
TECH TIP: Nimble AMS provides PCI compliant, stored payment options to increase member loyalty, ensuring they continue to return to your e-commerce website.
3. Level up your AMS with integrations. Supercharge the member experience by adding the following integrations to your AMS:
- Career center. Members are always looking for career insights and networking opportunities within their industry. Find an AMS integration that offers innovative job board technology, career pathing resources, career coaches, and a placement service. The right tech will position you as a leader of industry career insights.
TECH TIP: Integrate Nimble AMS with YM Careers, Community Brands software created to cultivate your members’ careers and increase member retention and recruitment.
- Learning program. Individuals join associations for professional development opportunities and certification requirements. Boost member engagement when you offer an integrated learning management program (LMS) that provides on-demand webinars, webcasts, self-paced courses, and videos.
TECH TIP: When you integrate with Crowd Wisdom, a Community Brands LMS, your organization will level up the current member experience by offering a highly personalized online learning solution.
- Events. Members look to their professional organizations for crucial industry events and networking opportunities. Offering in-person, hybrid, and virtual events is a fantastic way to boost member loyalty and provide a superior member experience. Integrate your AMS with event management software to maximize your ROI, meet event goals, and save your staff time.
TECH TIP: Community Brands offers a suite of event management software solutions, to easily integrate with Nimble AMS, for in-person, hybrid, or virtual events.
Discover more about the value of a modern AMS for your association when you watch the Association Trends 2022 Reveal On-Demand Webinar. You won’t want to miss the insightful data you can leverage to transform the member experience!