“While there are many factors that affect long-term success of an AMS, one underlying factor is user adoption. User adoption reflects how well (or not) the staff takes to using the new database.”
-Wes Trochlil, Association Consultant
Boost user adoption of Salesforce and Nimble AMS by making sure your team is effectively trained before, during, and after launch. Salesforce Trailhead is a fun, free, and comprehensive way to learn Salesforce skills online.Content in Trailhead is organized into units, modules, and trails to help guide you through everything you need to know about Salesforce.
- Units – Takes you through several learning objectives for features, tools, or best practices related to Salesforce. Most units conclude with a challenge that reinforces the learning objectives.
- Modules – A series of units for a particular subject area. Once you’ve completed all the units in a module, you will earn a badge that will be displayed on your Trailhead profile.
- Trails – A series of modules, organized in a guided learning path to help you master different aspects of Salesforce.
Interesting note: There are actually a lot of trails for skills that do not directly relate to Salesforce like:
Nimble AMS is built on the Salesforce App Cloud and the configuration, reporting, and usage of Nimble AMS is all done through Salesforce. Having a solid understanding of Salesforce will make you significantly more productive.Benefits to Your Career
Did you know that Salesforce is one of the most sought after technical skills? This Forbes article entitled “The 10 Technical Skills With Explosive Growth In Job Demand” notes that the demand for workers with Salesforce skills has increased 292%. Trailhead can be a great way to prepare for a coveted Salesforce Certification that can boost your career opportunities and salary.
Each time you complete a trail, you earn a Trailhead Badge that is automatically shown on your Trailhead Profile which can be shared publicly. Here is what mine looks like (link):
Need Some Inspiration?
Getting started on Trailhead is simple — ridiculously simple:
- Go to https://trailhead.salesforce.com.
- Click Login. You can login in with your existing Salesforce/Nimble AMS credentials.
- Click Start Learning for Free.
Innovation is a team sport and Salesforce has a free Trailhead Tracker AppExchange Package to track your team’s progress. Follow the easy installation steps to install this package in your organization – our experienced admin installed it in less than 30 minutes.
At NimbleUser, we are huge fans of putting important KPI’s front and center with our team. We use Geckoboard to power big screen TVs placed within our headquarters (related blog:
It’s 9am – How Many Members Does Your Association Have? Geckoboard to the Rescue.)
Trailhead empowers your team to learn critical Salesforce skills in as little as 15 minutes a day. During implementations, we coach our clients to begin trailhead trails with their early adopters team. Get started today and leave us a comment on how your progress goes!