“While there are many factors that affect long-term success of an AMS, one underlying factor is user adoption. User adoption reflects how well (or not) the staff takes to using the new database.”
-Wes Trochlil, Association Consultant
Using Salesforce? Trailhead Is Your Personal Trainer
Content in Trailhead is organized into units, modules, and trails to help guide you through everything you need to know about Salesforce.
- Units – Takes you through several learning objectives for features, tools, or best practices related to Salesforce. Most units conclude with a challenge that reinforces the learning objectives.
- Modules – A series of units for a particular subject area. Once you’ve completed all the units in a module, you will earn a badge that will be displayed on your Trailhead profile.
- Trails – A series of modules, organized in a guided learning path to help you master different aspects of Salesforce.
Interesting note: There are actually a lot of trails for skills that do not directly relate to Salesforce like:
Benefits to Your Association
Nimble AMS is built on the Salesforce App Cloud and the configuration, reporting, and usage of Nimble AMS is all done through Salesforce. Having a solid understanding of Salesforce will make you significantly more productive.
Benefits to Your Career
Did you know that Salesforce is one of the most sought after technical skills? This Forbes article entitled “The 10 Technical Skills With Explosive Growth In Job Demand” notes that the demand for workers with Salesforce skills has increased 292%. Trailhead can be a great way to prepare for a coveted Salesforce Certification that can boost your career opportunities and salary.
Each time you complete a trail, you earn a Trailhead Badge that is automatically shown on your Trailhead Profile which can be shared publicly. Here is what mine looks like (link):
Need Some Inspiration?
Getting Started Is Easy!
Getting started on Trailhead is simple — ridiculously simple:
- Go to https://trailhead.salesforce.com.
- Click Login. You can login in with your existing Salesforce/Nimble AMS credentials.
- Click Start Learning for Free.
Track Your Team’s Progress
Taking It To The Big Screen
It’s 9am – How Many Members Does Your Association Have? Geckoboard to the Rescue.)
”Trailhead has been instrumental in training new staff as well as keeping our experienced staff up to date with the latest innovations from Salesforce.”
-Dawn VanDamme, CEO NimbleUser