The benefits of having your member management software built on Salesforce.
As Salesforce celebrates 20 years in business, the Nimble AMS team reflects on the reasons why associations benefit from an AMS built on Salesforce.
This year, Salesforce celebrates 20 years in business. Since Nimble AMS is built on the Salesforce platform, and in honor of the occasion, I asked folks across the Nimble AMS team to share what they think are the benefits of the Salesforce for associations.
Here are our top 20 reasons for associations to love Salesforce:
- Nimble AMS is built on Salesforce. Salesforce has transformed the AMS landscape. Through Nimble AMS, associations can now move beyond traditional AMS to leverage modern technological innovation and access capabilities and features that once were available only to Fortune 500 companies. Nimble AMS helps you manage every aspect of your association while leveraging the power of the #1 CRM platform, Salesforce.
- Fortune 500-class CRM for associations. Salesforce is the #1 enterprise-level customer relationship management (CRM) platform. Using Nimble AMS, built on the Salesforce platform, associations have access to Fortune 500-class CRM, allowing them to interact with their data in ways that were unimaginable in the past. The result is vast improvements in customer service and improved member engagement.
- Benefits of the true cloud. Salesforce is a true cloud-based CRM platform. All customers access the same solution from the same cloud, with instantaneous access to the latest product features. The true cloud makes it much easier for Salesforce to release new and innovative features. There is only one version to support and maintain, so Salesforce can concentrate on delivering features versus maintaining older versions of the software.
- Continuous, painless, free upgrades. Salesforce provides you with a continuous stream of upgrades and innovation so you’re always using the latest in technology advances, without hassle and without extra costs. And because the Salesforce platform is a true cloud-based system, you receive these upgrades quickly and painlessly.
- Point and click process automation. Salesforce Process Builder saves valuable staff time by automating complex business processes. Without code, you can identify process criteria and automatically update or create new records, emails, and tasks or submit approval requests in a few simple steps.
- Insightful reporting. The Salesforce platform allows you to see the future more clearly, with easy-to-build detailed reports and personalized dashboards that help you visualize key business metrics and spot trends to identify opportunities and solve issues before they surface.
- The power of AI at your fingertips. As for-profit companies provide personalized experiences using artificial intelligence (AI), your members expect the same in more areas of their lives – including their experience with your association. AI is attainable for every association through Nimble AMS, which enables true point-and-click AI using the Salesforce Einstein AI technology. Einstein can give guidance and make predictions on things like which members are likely to renew or not renew and then, most importantly, empower staff with tools to act upon what it finds.
- A spirit of giving. Association professionals go to work every day to make this world a better place, and Salesforce aligns with that mindset. In Salesforce’s 1-1-1 program, the company donates 1 percent of its time, 1 percent of its product, and 1 percent of its money to support nonprofits.
- Ohana. Salesforce uses this Hawaiian word which means “family” to describe their culture and the larger family of their customers, employees, partners and communities that “…take care of each other, have fun together, and work collaboratively to make the world a better place.” With the good work that associations do for our society, what’s not to love about that?
- Fun and easy product training. Salesforce offers myTrailhead, which allows you to customize the Salesforce Trailhead learning environment with your own content and branding.
- Lots of events offering learning opportunities. Dreamforce is Salesforce’s annual mega event that gathers the entire Salesforce community of customers, partners, employees, and key stakeholders for multiple days of learning, inspiration, and fun. If attending Dreamforce isn’t within your budget, you can still take part in other Salesforce community events, including the Salesforce regional World Tour or Basecamp events.
- A huge and supportive user community. A strong user community is a critical to succeed with technology. The Salesforce ecosystem includes a community of more than two million certified developers, users, and partners who are always there to help.
- Career-boosting certifications. Salesforce offers certifications that are highly desirable in today’s workplace, giving you the opportunity to offer your employees skills and certifications to help them grow their careers as well as attract top-notch talent .
- A great way for staff to communicate and stay on top of important updates. Salesforce offers Chatter functionality, which facilitates collaboration among your staff. With Chatter, employees can “follow” people and documents to collaborate on opportunities, service cases, campaigns, projects, and tasks.
- Investment in innovation. Today, associations must continuously innovate to remain relevant to their members. Forbes magazine voted Salesforce among the most innovative companies in the world eight years in a row. Through Nimble AMS, this type of innovation brings unprecedented agility and empowerment to professional and trade associations.
- Data security. Salesforce supports data security best practices, including two-factor authentication, login IP ranges, adjustable session timeout thresholds, custom domains, and the latest authentication and encryption protocol Transport Layer Security (TLS) for browser encryption.
- Data recovery. To safeguard your data, your systems should protect your data from simple data storage errors, catastrophic failures and everything in between. Salesforce backs up client data on a rotating schedule that lets them restore service more efficiently should the need arise. And, you can export your organization’s data when you need it, without restriction.
- World-class reliability. With a long-term track record of 99.9+ percent uptime, Salesforce has thousands of computers with redundant data centers all over the world and advanced protection for its facilities. With the Salesforce platform, you also get access to a “sandbox” (a copy of your production site), so you can test configurations and integrations using your real data without risking your member data.
- Transparency. Your technology should provide you with insight, information, and documentation into its system performance and security to promote your trust and confidence in its service. Salesforce has created the site trust.salesforce.com to provide live status details on its service availability, performance, security, privacy, and compliance. The site also includes updates on any recent phishing, malware, or intrusion attempts, so you can easily learn the state of your data at any time.
- Integration. To provide a great member experience and to work efficiently and effectively, your association needs to be able to connect multiple technologies, such as learning management, content management, and CRM and AMS systems. Salesforce has an app store, the Salesforce AppExchange, that has thousands of apps to enable your association to extend and integrate quickly and without code.